St. Cloud Preparatory Academy (St. Cloud Prep) is a tuition-free Florida public charter school serving students in grades K-8 (with plans to grow through grade 12). Our vision: To provide a challenging and supportive learning environment that fosters high expectations in moral values, character development, leadership skills, social growth and intellectual development that helps form a catalyst for the success of every student.
St. Cloud Prep submitted its charter application to the Osceola County School District. Our agreement with Osceola County was approved April 1, 2014.
Registration for the 2015 / 2016 School Year has begun.
Thank you to all whom have applied to St. Cloud Prep Academy. Once you have been accepted please do not forget to formally register your child(ren). Along with your acceptance letter you should receive instructions to formally register. Please bring the registration paperwork to our front office by June 15, 2015. If your child is currently at another school, you must wait until after June 4th. If you have any questions regarding registration or you did not enter the lottery, but are still interested in joining our great school, please email email@example.com or call us at 407-593-6601.
Report cards: K-6th grade report cards will go home with the student on June 4th.
7th & 8th grade report cards will be ready for pick up on June 17th.
Summer Office Hours- 8am – 4pm Monday – Thursday. The office will be closed on Fridays.
Morning Drop off
- for non-before care students drop off starts at 7:30am. Students may not be on campus before 7:30am if not participating in the before care program. Please be aware, students will be marked tardy if they are not IN THEIR CLASSROOM at 8am.
Class Supply Lists
- 2015/2016 class list are Coming Soon
Our School Colors / Dress Code
- Our school colors are royal blue, silver/gray, and white. On Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday students may wear polo’s in the school colors. They do not have to be embroidered. On Wednesdays, students may wear their class created t-shirts. On Fridays, students may wear a school t-shirt. Students may also wear khaki, navy blue, jeans (no holes), jumpers, or skirts. Shorts and skirts must be appropriate length.
- Transportation is not provided by St. Cloud Prep at this time.
- Lunch may be bought during the student’s lunch time. We serve food prepared by the School District of Osceola. Student’s may also bring their own lunch. Breakfast is available for all students before school begins. Our school does participate in the Free/Reduced lunch program with the district. Please check back soon for application details.
- School hours are 8am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Early release: 8am-2pm on Wednesdays.
Extended Day Enrichment Program, Before and After School
- YES we have Extended Day. Sign up in our front office.
- Click here for information and for the enrollment form > Before and After School Enrollment Form
Meet Our Board and Staff
- Click on this link to meet our board and staff -> About Us
What is a Charter School?
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools of choice, but each charter school is governed independently by 501c3 non-profit organizations. They are typically funded at 80% of what traditional public schools receive. Many charter schools function very efficiently on a “less is more” philosophy. Charter schools typically focus on their own mix of proven academic strategies that best reach their student base. Charter schools also have their own mix of academic philosophies of what students they can serve best via academic remediation, high intellect, Socratic, Basic School, college preparation and STEM approaches to name just a few academic approaches. Unlike traditional public schools, every charter school must demonstrate success, or it will lose its charter.
Charter Schools are NOT subject to redistricting, EVER. Any resident in Osceola County regardless of assigned school district can apply and attend if selected through the lottery. No other conditions for attendance are required.
St.Cloud Preparatory Academy: (407)-593-6601