St. Cloud Preparatory Academy (St. Cloud Prep) is a tuition-free Florida public charter school serving students in grades K-8. Our vision: To provide a challenging and supportive learning environment that fosters high expectations in moral values, character development, leadership skills, social growth and intellectual development that helps form a catalyst for the success of every student.
St. Cloud Prep submitted its charter application to the Osceola County School District. Our agreement with Osceola County was approved April 1, 2014.
Registration for the 2015 / 2016 School Year
If you have any questions regarding registration or you did not enter the lottery, but are still interested in joining our great school, please email email@example.com or call us at 407-593-6601.
Starting Wednesday 8/26, all students must be dropped off in the car line. Thank you.
In case of inclement weather, SCPA will follow The Osceola County School District decision. If they close schools, we will also close.
Morning Drop off
- for non-before care students drop off starts at 7:30am. Students may not be on campus before 7:30am if not participating in the before care program. Please be aware, students will be marked tardy if they are not IN THEIR CLASSROOM at 8am.
Class Supply Lists for 2015/2016
- Kindergarten Supply List
- 1st Grade Supply List
- 2nd Grade Supply List
- 3rd Grade Supply List
- 4th Grade Supply List
- 5th Grade Supply List
- Middle School - All middle school students are required to have only 1-three inch binder with tabs (tabs used to divide their classes)
- Middle School Math Supply List
- Middle School Social Studies Supply List
- Middle School Ag, 7 Habits Supply List
Our School Colors / Dress Code
- Our school colors are royal blue, silver/gray, and white. On Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday students may wear polo’s in the school colors. They do not have to be embroidered. On Wednesdays, students may wear their class created t-shirts. On Fridays, students may wear a school t-shirt. Students may also wear khaki, navy blue, jeans (no holes), jumpers, or skirts. Shorts and skirts must be appropriate length.
- Transportation is not provided by St. Cloud Prep at this time.
- Lunch may be bought during the student’s lunch time. We serve food prepared by the School District of Osceola. Student’s may also bring their own lunch. Breakfast is available for all students before school begins. Our school does participate in the Free/Reduced lunch program with the district. Please fill out the application even if you think the student may not qualify.
sharpschool.com/departments/ school_nutrition_services/ online_free_reduced/
- School hours are 8am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Early release: 8am-2pm on Wednesdays.
Extended Day Enrichment Program, Before and After School
- YES we have Extended Day. Sign up in our front office.
- Click here for information and for the enrollment form > Before and After School Enrollment Form
Meet Our Board and Staff
- Click on this link to meet our board and staff -> About Us
What is a Charter School?
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools of choice, but each charter school is governed independently by 501c3 non-profit organizations. They are typically funded at 80% of what traditional public schools receive. Many charter schools function very efficiently on a “less is more” philosophy. Charter schools typically focus on their own mix of proven academic strategies that best reach their student base. Charter schools also have their own mix of academic philosophies of what students they can serve best via academic remediation, high intellect, Socratic, Basic School, college preparation and STEM approaches to name just a few academic approaches. Unlike traditional public schools, every charter school must demonstrate success, or it will lose its charter.
Charter Schools are NOT subject to redistricting, EVER. Any resident in Osceola County regardless of assigned school district can apply and attend if selected through the lottery. No other conditions for attendance are required.
St.Cloud Preparatory Academy: (407)-593-6601