St. Cloud Preparatory Academy (St. Cloud Prep) is a tuition-free Florida public charter school serving students in grades K-8. Our vision: To provide a challenging and supportive learning environment that fosters high expectations in moral values, character development, leadership skills, social growth and intellectual development that helps form a catalyst for the success of every student.
St. Cloud Prep submitted its charter application to the Osceola County School District. Our agreement with Osceola County was approved April 1, 2014.
Registration for the 2015 / 2016 School Year
If you have any questions regarding registration or you did not enter the lottery, but are still interested in joining our great school, please email email@example.com or call us at 407-593-6601.
October Newsletter- Spirit Week October 12-16
We are now counting tardies. Drop off begins at 7:30am, breakfast ends at 7:55am, and class starts promptly at 8am. A few hints to navigate the car line during drop off:
1) Get here at 7:30am, there are few cars, most cars seem to arrive at 7:45-7:50am.
2) Stay in your car, getting out, backs up traffic and is not safe
3) We have plenty of staff and student leaders helping with drop-off, however, they cannot open every door. Please do not wait, let your child out on the sidewalk to walk to class.
Thank you for ensuring our students get the maximum amount of instructional time and helping us keep all students and staff safe!
Rainy Day Pick Up Procedures – Please Read
Our School Colors / Dress Code
- Our school colors are royal blue, silver/gray, and white. On Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday students may wear polo’s in the school colors. They do not have to be embroidered. On Wednesdays, students may wear their class created t-shirts. On Fridays, students may wear a school t-shirt. Students may also wear khaki, navy blue, jeans (no holes), jumpers, or skirts. Shorts and skirts must be appropriate length.
- Transportation is not provided by St. Cloud Prep at this time.
- Lunch may be bought during the student’s lunch time. We serve food prepared by the School District of Osceola. Student’s may also bring their own lunch. Breakfast is available for all students before school begins. Our school does participate in the Free/Reduced lunch program with the district. Please fill out the application even if you think the student may not qualify.
sharpschool.com/departments/ school_nutrition_services/ online_free_reduced/
- School hours are 8am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Early release: 8am-2pm on Wednesdays.
Extended Day Enrichment Program, Before and After School
- YES we have Extended Day. Sign up in our front office.
- Click here for information and for the enrollment form > Before and After School Enrollment Form
Meet Our Board and Staff
- Click on this link to meet our board and staff -> About Us
What is a Charter School?
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools of choice, but each charter school is governed independently by 501c3 non-profit organizations. They are typically funded at 80% of what traditional public schools receive. Many charter schools function very efficiently on a “less is more” philosophy. Charter schools typically focus on their own mix of proven academic strategies that best reach their student base. Charter schools also have their own mix of academic philosophies of what students they can serve best via academic remediation, high intellect, Socratic, Basic School, college preparation and STEM approaches to name just a few academic approaches. Unlike traditional public schools, every charter school must demonstrate success, or it will lose its charter.
Charter Schools are NOT subject to redistricting, EVER. Any resident in Osceola County regardless of assigned school district can apply and attend if selected through the lottery. No other conditions for attendance are required.
St.Cloud Preparatory Academy: (407)-593-6601